Hospice Southeast New Brunswick is a registered charity established in 2004 to promote awareness about life-limiting illnesses and end-of-life issues, and to provide grief and bereavement services and support for clients and families. The long-term goal is to establish a residential hospice.
Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, the Executive Director implements their policies and goals within a business model of operations.
There are various committees that function thru the year, which may include Residential Building, Shoppe Building, Marketing, Fund Development, and Nominating.
Hospice Greater Moncton’s comprehensive approach to palliative care offers programs in two main areas, addressing the needs of patients and families alike.
- Community Palliative Care: In-home support for clients and caregivers.
- Bereavement Care: Grief support group gives support and comfort to those grieving the loss of a loved one.
More than 100 volunteers support us, including:
- Hospice Shoppe: 15,000 hours/year (7 FTE positions)
- In-home palliative care: 1000 hours/year
- Grief and bereavement groups: 150 hours/year
Our operations are sustained by fundraising events, donations, and the Hospice Shoppe Boutique, opened in late 2010 as a means of social entrepreneurship to provide earned revenue.
Provincially, the New Brunswick Hospice Palliative Care Association (NBHPCA) acts as an umbrella group with a focus on education. HGM is a member and presently the HGM Executive Director sits on their Board of Directors and is a member of the Residential Hospice working group.