Resource Nurse (RN)
We’re seeking a dynamic person to join our team!
Hospice Southeast New Brunswick (HSENB) has been providing services to the residents of Southeastern NB for over 15 years by enhancing the quality of life for palliative individuals and their families. In 2021, we expanded our services by opening a residential facility, Maison Albert House. The Resource Nurse is a member of the integrated team. We are looking for a motivated individual to provide clinical leadership in the care of residents and families and support the Nurse Manager in her functions. Reporting directly to the Nurse Manager/Director of Operations, you will work in collaboration with the team to ensure to quality end-of-life care in-line with the needs identified and the integrated care plan.
Employment Type: Full time permanent (Monday to Friday and on call)
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Salary: To be negotiated
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain quality resident care
- Assist in teaching nursing staff and enforce policies and procedures, practices, and standards of the facility
- Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary and integrated team to meet optimal resident and organizational needs
- Monitor adequate skillset while seeking and providing learning opportunities for the Maison Albert House clinical staff
- Identify areas for improvement and participate in development and monitoring of quality indicators
- Actively involved in the investigation and follow-up of incident reports
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of the clinical staff, interviewing and coaching as needed in collaboration with the Nurse Manager
- Participate in numerous projects as they arise
- Perform direct care activities when required according to the organizational needs of Hospice and other duties as needed
- Contribute to a secure and respectful environment.
- Participate actively in rounds and care conferences and contribute to the elaboration of the care plan
- Provide direction and support to Licensed Practical Nurses, Personal Support Workers, and Volunteers
- Work in compliance with all established Health & Safety protocols and policies
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Diploma in Nursing or a bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Must be registered (active and in good standing) or ability to register with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB)
- Candidates will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of nursing experience. Experience in palliative care or related discipline is an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated capacity for empathy.
- Ability to work well and efficiently as part of a team and offer coaching and support to colleagues.
- Experience in providing patient education either to individuals or groups of individuals
- Good knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of palliative care
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks, and demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to work flexible hours, if needed, and to be accessible to staff, residents and families
- Fluency in English and French is mandatory
- Provide Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
As part of the SENB Hospice team you can expect:
- A supportive and qualified interdisciplinary team of professionals
- Comprehensive benefit package (pension plan, benefit plan) and a competitive salary
We thank all individuals who take the time to apply, however only those candidates that are short-listed will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Closing Date: May 31st, 2022