Personal Support Worker (PSW)
As a member of an integrated palliative care team, the PSW provides care and support to patients and their families admitted to the Hospice Residence. Under the supervision of the Head Nurse, you are responsible to provide care in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provides individualized personal and supportive care to palliative patients;
- Contributes to a secure and respectful environment;
- Participates actively in rounds and care conferences;
- Works in compliance with all established Health & Safety protocols and policies;
- Assists with in-house housekeeping duties.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Graduate from an accredited PSW program or a Resident Assistant (RA) Program with minimum one year experience in a similar position.
- Have knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of Palliative Care and the delivery of personal care services.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks.
- Able to work shift work.
- Fluent in English and in French.
We thank all individuals who take the time to apply, however only those candidates that are short-listed will be contacted
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org