Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
As a member of an integrated palliative care team, we are looking for a motivated individual to provide care and support to patients and families admitted to this new facility. Reporting directly to the Head Nurse you will administer care in accordance with the integrated care plan.
- Provide patient care within scope of practice of a Licensed Practical Nurse, following the nursing process and established care plan;
- Contribute to a secure and respectful environment;
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures;
- Administer medications to patients as prescribed;
- Understand and implement infection prevention practices;
- Participate actively in rounds and care conferences and contribute to the elaboration of the care plan;
- Provide direction and support to personal support workers and volunteers;
- Work in compliance with all established Health & Safety protocols and policies
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Graduate from an accredited LPN Program and a current registration with the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses with minimum one year experience in a similar position.
- Have knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of Palliative Care.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills; leadership skills and the ability to give and take direction.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks.
- Able to do shift work
- Fluent in English and French.
As part of the SENB Hospice team you can expect:
- A supportive, well-trained, and interdisciplinary team of professionals
- Comprehensive benefit package (pension plan, benefit plan) and a competitive salary
We thank all individuals who take the time to apply, however only those candidates that are short-listed will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org