How We Help
What We Offer – Programs and Services
Our programs and services are offered free of charge to anyone facing end-of-life illness and their care-givers.
a) Community Palliative Care – In-Home Palliative Care
- We provide in-home support to terminally-ill people and families in the greater Moncton and Sackville areas.
- We support over 20 palliative clients a month.
- Trained volunteers are matched with a client to provide weekly visits and support to the client and their families.
- Support may include drives for an outing, reading, baking favorite foods, listening, talking, playing cards, music, and quiet support as death nears.
- This program provides a much-needed but often overlooked service by offering relief to those who are caring for their loved ones in the home.
The Hospice SENB volunteer helped make sure Dad was not left alone”. Danielle, daughter
b) Bereavement Care – Grief Support
- We offer two seven week sessions, facilitated by volunteers.
- We provide support to over a 100 of clients per year.
The grief group helps you through the heavy process of grieving with people who get it”. Sarah, 38 yr old participant.
Volunteers are interviewed and pre-screened as to suitability; police and DSD screened for vulnerable populations, and references are checked.
As of 2015, all volunteers are given an orientation session for Hospice SENB and refresher classes for each area of service are offered thru the year.
a) Community Palliative Care – In-Home
- Volunteers must pass a 30 hour course accredited by the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care association. They are matched with a palliative client and provide weekly visits and support to the client and their families.
b) Hospice Shoppe Boutique
- Volunteers provide service in accepting, sorting, cleaning, tagging and ironing donations in the warehouse, or by restocking, cleaning, merchandising and providing customer service in the Shoppe.