Established in 2004, Hospice Southeast New Brunswick provides free, confidential palliative care and bereavement services to residents of Albert, Kent and Westmorland counties. It is estimated the new facility will serve between 120-150 palliative care patients per year. The Moncton residence is the first to have a pediatric unit.
The new residential facility is made possible by means of a successful capital fundraising campaign and monetary donations from citizens and corporations in the region. The palliative care residence will sit on an oasis-like parcel of land, graciously donated by the Hum-Lew-Sun Lions Club.
The Residence features
- 10 private client rooms with washrooms
- Four private family rooms with washrooms
- Indoor and outdoor public areas (lobby, sun-room, dining room, gardens, two decks)
- Commercial kitchen
- Non-denominational quiet room (chapel, meditation, etc.)
- Medical staff areas for doctors, nurses, personal care workers
- Client and family lounge
- Laundry and storage facilities
- Large, free parking area for visitors and staff
- Hospice SENB offices and boardroom